I want to chat to you about STRESS.
Yup, that crazy intangible tangible. A word so deeply engrained in our society, our being and our everyday thinking it’s like a brainworm playing your least favourite song on repeat.
What is stress?
- In many ways, stress has become sexy, a must have (don’t want) type of self sabotage strategy.
- It’s the epidemic of our modern existence.
- It’s subjective.
- It’s fuelled by constant self diagnosis.
- It’s exacerbated by constantly talking about it.
- It’s flipping frustrating and I want to challenge us all to take some actions to massively combat it.
To help us do just that, I want to share a nugget of wisdom I stumbled on this week this week:
RELEASE THE BAGGAGE
Question: How heavy is a glass of water? (you might have seen this on Facebook recently)
Answer: Not very right, well if you carry it only for a short time.
Problem: Now what if you held onto that glass for an hour, a day, a week. It becomes heavier right. The longer you hold on to that glass, the heavier it becomes.
Solution: Acknowledge your stress, deal with it and then put your glass down.
Have a great week.